The View from my Bookshelf - December

Reading: Books and Audio Books
This was a fairly decent month for me reading-wise, especially considering all the other stuff that went on this month!  


Although I finished it in late November, I did my wrap-up post on War and Peace.  So excited to have crossed this one from my bucket list!


My husband got me hooked on the "Song of Ice and Fire" series!  I read the first book Game of Thrones and was super impressed at the quality of the writing.  So glad to have picked up this series!


I know myself well enough to admit that I get bored with series - no matter how fantastic they are.  To keep things fresh (and because there are still two more books yet to be released, so what's the rush?), I am inserting a book or two between each book of the "Song of Ice and Fire" series.  Like Water for Chocolate came between books 1 and 2.  Not a favorite, but it's been on my shelf forever and it was part of the TBR challenge!


The end of December is a nice place marker to look back at the year and reflect.  I'm doing a lot of that this winter!  I took a look back at 2011 from a reading perspective.  It was a good year.  


Reading: The Friday Five
As I've stated before, I'm allowing myself to be a little lazy these days with my Friday Five.  Too much work and grad school to stay on track.  I decided it's my blog and I can change the rules if I wish!  So there are only two Friday Fives this month, but they each contain more than five.  


December 2-4
December 30 - January 1

Reading: Where's my Bookmark?
Kindle says I'm 42% finished with Clash of Kings.  I was really hoping to get this done in 2011 but this holiday season contained surprises (wonderful surprises, but surprises nonetheless) and I don't think it's going to happen.  I love the book, though!


Life: Outside the Pages
December was crazy.  It always is.  I had 13 concerts between Thanksgiving and December 15.  It's the job - and I love the job - but it's really hectic.  I'm happy life is back to normal (or at least close to it!).  


For those of you who celebrate winter holidays, I hope they were wonderful.  We had a terrific Christmas.  Very memorable.  Lots of family and visiting and relaxing.  How was yours?


This month I invited you to be my real life facebook friend, and it's been fun seeing some of you outside the blog!




There's still time to sign-up for the Chunkster Readalong Challenge!  Click Cosette for details.  It's a pretty casual readalong, so even if you decide to join after 2012 begins - no worries!  It's about the fun!


Photobucket
Happy 2012!  Hope it's wonderful!


Comments