The Literary Blog Hop {February 2-5}

Literary Blog Hop

 The Literary Blog Hop is hosted by "The Blue Bookcase".  It's a biweekly hop for blogs focused primarily on literary fiction.  Click above for more information!

The prompt this week...
What setting (time or place) from a book or story would you most like to visit?  Edora Welty said that "Being shown how to locate, to place, any account is what does most toward making us believe it...", so in what location would you most like to hang out?
Great question!  I'm really into scenery.  I have a really vivid imagination, and I love when books suck me into the setting.

...so answering this question is pretty easy. 

Tolkien's Middle Earth.  Hobbiton, specifically.   

Hobbiton is basically my dream setting.  The lush green landscapes, flowers and veggies growing at every turn, the cute little houses with their little round doors.  I don't think I'd like to venture too far beyond Rivendell - although maybe Gondor is more inviting without fire spewing from Mount Doom.  I think Tolkien is the setting master - beautifully described in every way. 

I can picture myself living in my little hobbit hole.  I love countryside settings as a rule, and this one has all the right things.

Plus - I've long suspected that I'm part hobbit.  My curly hair, constant urge to snack, affection for ale, and the love of things that grow seem to point in the same direction.  I remember reading The Fellowship of the Ring the first time and nodding in agreement.

These are my people.


Comments