The Friday Five!

Who else is celebrating the start of the weekend?

This was the craziest week ever. Concerts everywhere I turn, kids vomiting on the stage, broken strings, and a wicked cold! Thankfully there were some great blog posts this week to keep me occupied! :)

1. As much as I love the holidays, it's not all colored lights and smiles. I was home sick on Tuesday and "The Kitchen Witch" had me literally lol-ing as she tells us about how sometimes the holidays suck. Oh. And a delicious sounding cosmo recipe!

2. A great post at "A Room of One's Own" this week - all about Fruitlands - an Alcott family utopia. I learned a lot that I did not know about Louisa's Dad. Click over to find out more about the "woman behind Little Women".

3. I'm pretty excited to be participating in my first reading challenge! I proudly picked up my copy of "War and Peace" and can't wait to get started. Perfect timing - Adam over at "Roof Beam Reader" has an absolutely fantastic and well written review! Adam's reviews are always so thoughtful and this is no exception! Can you believe he finished it in 27 days? I'm in it for a year...

4. I've mentioned before that I love it when I see great reviews for books I already love! Have you read "The Glass Castle" by Jeannette Walls? Allie has a great review waiting for you over at "A Literary Odyssey"!

5. Last, but not least, I'll leave you with ice on the river - posted by Chris at "Serendipitous". I agree with her. It's December, and it's TIME!

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Comments