Up to the Challenge?

Although I already put this on my sidebar, I wanted to let you know about two reading challenges I'm participating in starting January 1, 2011!

The first is hosted by "A Room of One's Own". The challenge is to read War and Peace - a chapter a day - in 2011. Totally excited.

War and Peace Readalong - 2011

The second challenge is hosted by "Roof Beam Reader". Eliminate twelve books from your TBR pile. This is always my goal, so it seems like a perfect challenge for me! There are a few catches and you'll need to sign-up to participate, so be sure to follow the link

2011TBR


My twelve selections:

1. Fight Club, Chuck Palahniuk
2. Girl in Hyacinth Blue, Susan Vreeland
3. To Kill A Mockingbird, Harper Lee
4. Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking-Glass, Lewis Caroll
5. The History of Love, Nicole Krauss
6. Like Water for Chocolate, Laura Esquirel
7. A Clockwork Orange, Anthony Burgess
8. Heart of Darkness, Joseph Conrad
9. 1984, George Orwell
10. The Virgin Blue, Tracy Chevalier
11. The Red Tent, Anita Diamant
12. Cat's Eye, Margaret Atwood

My two alternates:

1. The Jungle, Upton Sinclair
2. Emma, Jane Austen


Comments