Post 101...

I just realized that my previous post was #100! A milestone! I'm coming up on that blogiversary...

What better way to celebrate triple digit posts than saying "thank you" for a few awards?
A big "thank you" to Reading at the Beach for "The Versatile Blogger" Award!

Rules?

1. Thank the person who gave you this award. Thank you! Even though it's a little late!

2. Share 7 things about yourself.

Well - since it's chilly outside right now, how about 7 things I love about my favorite season... FALL!

The smell of burning leaves
Pumpkins
Mums on the front step
Pumpkin spice lattes
Hayrides
Apple picking
Scarecrows

3. Pass the award on to 15 bloggers who you have recently (or not so recently, in my case) discovered and who you think are fantastic for whatever reason!

I'm cheating a little bit... how about 3?

Queen of Arts - where the creativity is amazing!
seekingclarav - where the writing is real, and I love it!
Our Little Baby - for the many, many laughs - and for sharing all the details!

4. Contact the bloggers you've picked and let them know about the award. Done!




Photobucket

Another "thank you" to CMash from CMash Loves To Read! I'm loving the icon!

Different rules...

To accept the award you must link back and thank the person who gave you the Life is Good award. Answer the 10 questions and pass the award on to 6 other blogs.

1. If you blog anonymously are you happy doing it that way; if you are not anonymous do you wish you had started out anonymously so you could be anonymous now?

I don't really consider myself anonymous. My last name is not listed on the blog, but the rest of me is. I like having everyone know who I am!

2. Describe one incident that shows your inner stubborn side.

Inner? When I was a kid my parents had this Christmas ornament - a purple bell. I was convinced it was tin. My parents insisted it was glass. Let's just say I ended up with glass in my mouth because I bit it to prove a point...

3. What do you see when you really look at yourself in the mirror?

More confidence than I had in high school... or college... or my first couple of years teaching. I see my imperfections, but also someone who is kind.

4. What is your favorite summer cold drink?

Iced coffee, Sam Summer Ale. Not together, of course.

5. When you take time for yourself, what do you do?

Read. Take walks. Go to the beach.

6. Is there something you still want to accomplish in your life? What is it?

Isn't there always? Kids. Master's degree.

7. When you attended school, were you the class clown, the class overachiever, the shy person, or always ditching?

Can you guess? The overachiever, of course.

8. If you close your eyes and want to visualize a very poignant moment in your life what would you see?

My wedding day. The day I began my career.

9. Is it easy for you to share your true self in your blog or are you more comfortable writing posts about other people or events?

I find it fairly easy to let my true self shine through at Kate's Library. I just pretend I'm writing an email to a dear friend.

10. If you had to sit down and read or talk on the phone, which would you do and why?

I like both. I guess it depends on my mood. I love to read, but I sure am a talker.

Now the moment you've all been waiting for... time to pass on the award. I'm going to break the rules again and go for three!

Dead White Guys
Bibliophiliac
From Beyond the Stella-verse

...because "life is good" when I get to read their posts!





http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_zbNCTf4Sh3o/TGzML_C2AQI/AAAAAAAAAN0/lBcyghISFRk/s1600/OneLovelyBlog%5B1%5D.jpg


One final "thank you" goes out to Jo at "Fluidity of Time"!

Of course there are rules...

1. Accept the award, post on your blog the name of the person who has granted the award, and his or her blog link.

2. Pass the award on to 15 other blogs you've newly discovered.

3. Remember to contact the bloggers to let them know that they have been chosen for this award.

I'm being a rule breaker again. Here are three - and since the title of this award is "One Lovely Blog Award" I'm choosing three blogs that I find lovely for the mind, and for the eyes as well!

Bookend Diaries

The Book Coop
Bloggin' 'bout Books

And there you have it folks! I hope this kicks the weekend off to a great start!


Comments