The Friday Five {March 18-20}

Oh Friday.  You took so long getting here!  


Want to share some blog posts?  Play the Friday Five with me!

1.  There's a great discussion going on at "The Reading Ape" about male sexual violence in the contemporary novel.  I had not really thought about this trend before, but the more I think of it, there certainly more of these instances than I would have thought.  What do you think?  Any examples?  Go put your two cents in!

2.  I've mentioned before that I do not read as much or as fast as many other book bloggers out there.  I tend to linger over some sentences, and even re-read a paragraph - depending on the book, of course.  There's another discussion going on at "A Literary Odyssey" all about your reading speed.  Weigh in - are you fast and furious or slow and steady?

3.  Thank you to Lisa at "Bibliophiliac" for a well spoken post about being a teacher.  I am also astounded that there are so many people out there who believe that teachers work a 30 hour work week.  The work is hard, the hours are long - but the rewards make it worthwhile.  Being a positive influence in the lives of your students is immeasurable.

4.  This is pure fun.  "Single Dad Laughing" asked a question on facebook about something you've said to your kid that you thought you never would.  The results?  Hilarious!

5.  Yet another discussion!  "Dog-Eared and Bookmarked" wants to know - abridged or unabridged? 

Have a great weekend!!


Comments