Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns), Mindy Kaling

Title:  Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns)
Author:  Mindy Kaling
Pages:  240
Genre:  Memoir
Source:  NH Downloadable Library Books
Why I picked it up:  It was on my list and I needed something fun.
What you'll love:  A fun, light book!
What will bug you:  Nothing, as long as you know what to expect.

I'm a big fan of "The Office".  I read this back in October when my employer (my then 2 month old) was nursing 'round the clock, and it was just what I needed!  Kaling is fun, and I thoroughly enjoyed reading about her experiences before and after stardom.  

I think my favorite childhood memory she shares has to do with her parents making her run "drills" on riding her bike.  I'm picturing a chubby young Mindy on a bike looking absolutely miserable.  She talks about her weight a lot.  I never really considered Mindy to be anything other than cute.  "Chubby" is not a word that comes to mind at all.  I found her discussions about weight to be entertaining - stuff that so many women can relate to.  It was refreshing to hear someone as famous as Mindy talking about feeling self conscious and less than slender.  

As I said in my last review, I committed that cardinal sin and didn't review right away so nothing is sharp at all in my mind.  I think if you're expecting anything other than a light, fun read you will be disappointed.  In my case, it was exactly what I was expecting and I loved it!

Comments