Glad to hop back with you!

Oh Hop - it's so nice to have you back!!!

Book Blogger Hop A huge thank you to Jennifer at Crazy for Books for hosting the hop.  Such a fun way for bloggers to meet!

If you're visiting Kate's Library for the first time - welcome!  I hope you decide to stay.  It's no secret that grad school has me down and pregnancy has me exhausted!  :)  However, I'm making an effort to take more reading (books and your blogs) time and blogging time because it took a backseat for a couple of months.  I've come to the decision it's absolutely essential to my sanity and maintaining my cheery disposition.

At Kate's Library you'll mainly find reviews of literary and historical fiction.  Depending on the class I'm taking and the amount of reading it requires my book choice may become a little lighter than it has been in the past.  If you visit, please leave a comment so I can return the visit sometime this weekend!

Our question this week:
What is your favorite book character?  I'll give you a maximum of two choices, but they have to be from different genres.
Hmm.  How about Hermione and Jo March?  I'm calling these different genres.  YA/fantasy and classic literature.

I actually relate with Hermione in many ways - in her dorkishness, her schoolwork focus, and (I like to think) her heart.  My family (ok, my brother...) often playfully teases me about my love of classical music and for being a bookworm.  I make no apologies - I embrace these things about myself, even my kind of nerdy sense of humor (which my students seem to appreciate).  I have only a handful of close friends, but they are dear to me.  I've gotten a lot more choosy about my friends as I've gotten older.

Jo March.  She's just a wonderful character.  Full of life, spirit and ambition.  She's an intelligent woman who makes no apologies and loves her family with all of her heart.  She's a little stubborn.

What about you?

Comments