The Friday Five {May 18-20}

It's Friday!!!


Some wonderful things:


*  I'm blogging from a lovely hotel room tonight in the Lakes Region of NH.  Our close friends are getting married tomorrow, and Dennis is in the wedding party.  We had a delicious dinner after the rehearsal and Den's gone to smoke a cigar with the guys.  I really should be doing homework, but right now The Five just feels more important!  :)


*  Beautiful sunny days!


*  The seniors finished school today... that means we're getting close to vacation!


Here's some Five for you!


1.  Posts about books!


When I was a kid I was pretty into ballet, so when I saw not one, but two reviews for The Cranes Dance I sat up and took notice.  One post was from Tiny Library, the other from At Home with Books.  I'm sure I'm not alone in this - there are classics on my TBR list that really must be read.  It's almost a little ridiculous to call myself a bookworm and not have these books under my belt.  I had to remind myself of this when I saw a review of Wuthering Heights over at Iris on Books.  Finally, I'm a fan of historical fiction - but when I read it, it tends to be set in Europe (specifically in the 1500-1600's...).  I saw a review at Susan Coventry for The Rebel Wife and felt like a little civil war historical fiction may be what the doctor ordered this summer!


2.  Posts that made me remember books from my younger years!


Reflections of a Bookaholic has a fun meme going on called "Why I Love Wednesdays".  This week it was about book couples, specifically Anne and Gilbert from the good old Anne of Green Gables series.  I loved this series when I was young, and remember just adoring the love story between Anne and Gilbert!


3.  Posts that made me go "Hmmmmm..."


The New Dork Review of Books wants to know your opinions on long series.  Do you go straight through?  Do you take a break?  If the whole series isn't out yet, do you wait to read them until everything's been released?  He specifically mentions the Song of Ice and Fire (Game of Thrones) series, which I have started and am slowly working my way through.  I don't like to read books in a series straight through.  I get bored!  What do you think?


4.  Posts that made me laugh!


A wedding toast from Selma and Kenny.  Adorable.  They share their secrets and advice for a long and happy marriage.  I hope Dennis and I have this sense of humor after being married for that long.  Thanks to Pen and Paper for posting!


5.  Posts that made me want to make a list!


I love lists.  I make them all the time.  (It just feels so good to definitively cross something off, doesn't it??)  This post from Green Girl in Wisconsin inspired me to make a summer bucket list (which I will post for your reading pleasure at some point...).  After all, this is my last single summer.  And by single I mean without a child - Dennis works through the summer so I usually spend my days as a single in the house, at the beach, on walks, working at camp, doing homework.  Fun stuff.  I need a list of pregnant-friendly things to do that I won't necessarily be wanting to do next summer with a 10-month-old.  I am very open to suggestions!


...and that's all she wrote!  Feel free to link up and post five links, five pictures, five articles, five categories of links.  Whatever strikes you as fun!

Comments