What the hop? (...I've hit a new low in post titles.)

Book Blogger Hop
A huge thank-you to Jennifer at "Crazy for Books" for hosting the hop - a great way to find new blogs!  If this is your first visit to Kate's Library, welcome!  If you're a long-time reader hopping over to say hi, well - Hey there!  What's shakin'?

Our question this week...

When did you realize reading was your passion and a truly important part of your life?
When I was a kid, my Mom and I would read picture books for hours - literally.  When I got older, I always had my nose in a book.  Then middle school and high school happened.  I started getting really serious about my grades and that took a lot of enjoyment of reading out of me.  I wasn't reading to enjoy the tale, I was reading and taking notes, and trying to figure out what broad essay questions are likely to appear on our test.  Not a fun way to read.  After I graduated from college, I kind of rediscovered reading and I have not looked back.  I'm so happy to be reading what I want, at my own pace.  It's prompted me to take on some fun books, but some serious literature as well.

What about you?  Did you take a break like me, or have you been knee deep in books since you were a little one? 

Comments