I'm on vacation!
A week from tomorrow I'll be conducting on the stage of Symphony Hall in Boston!
I found out a way to bring home my new iMac (my school computer) for vacation so I can play with it and use some really great music writing software!
Five great posts - plus a few extra - that have gotten me through a marathon week...
1. Jillian from "A Room of One's Own" sees a difference between genre and literary fiction. I do too. As usual, Jillian thoughtful articulates from her "soap box". Join in the conversation.
2. I love reading your blogs! I love the bookish conversation - even when I'm reading from work and I don't have time to comment because kids are coming into my office asking questions and passing in permission slips. I also love reading reviews that I immediately add to my wishlist. Here's one of them, courtesy of "The Blue Bookcase" - Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakthrough.
3. I just may need to save this for "Jane in June". Thank you to "The Avid Reader" for prompting me to add The Jane Austen Handbook to my wishlist! Another reason I love your blogs - seeing a great review that will coordinate perfectly with an event!
4. This is a post that I found very interesting - both for the post and for the comments. I have a goodreads account which I don't really use. Look at all these social web sites for book lovers! How great to learn about some new-to-me sites and see what you think of them! Thank you to "Reflections of a Bookaholic"!
5. I really enjoyed this post by "Marian Schembari" - 7 overused blog habits that look amateurish. She's so right! ...and I vow never again to apologize for not posting in awhile.
6. Spring is in the air. I love it. I need it. I loved these photos from "Madeline Bea" - tulips. My favorite. The Robert Frost ain't so bad either...
7. Three cheers for historical fiction! Curling Up by the Fire has 5 reasons historical fiction should get more respect. Amen!
I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!