Friday Five {April 15-17}

Wonderful things: 


I'm on vacation!  

A week from tomorrow I'll be conducting on the stage of Symphony Hall in Boston!

I found out a way to bring home my new iMac (my school computer) for vacation so I can play with it and use some really great music writing software!

Five great posts - plus a few extra - that have gotten me through a marathon week...

1.  Jillian from "A Room of One's Own" sees a difference between genre and literary fiction.  I do too.  As usual, Jillian thoughtful articulates from her "soap box".  Join in the conversation. 

2.  I love reading your blogs!  I love the bookish conversation - even when I'm reading from work and I don't have time to comment because kids are coming into my office asking questions and passing in permission slips.  I also love reading reviews that I immediately add to my wishlist.  Here's one of them, courtesy of "The Blue Bookcase" - Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakthrough.   

3.  I just may need to save this for "Jane in June".  Thank you to "The Avid Reader" for prompting me to add The Jane Austen Handbook to my wishlist!  Another reason I love your blogs - seeing a great review that will coordinate perfectly with an event!

4.  This is a post that I found very interesting - both for the post and for the comments.  I have a goodreads account which I don't really use.  Look at all these social web sites for book lovers!  How great to learn about some new-to-me sites and see what you think of them!  Thank you to "Reflections of a Bookaholic"!

5.  I really enjoyed this post by "Marian Schembari" - 7 overused blog habits that look amateurish.  She's so right!  ...and I vow never again to apologize for not posting in awhile. 

6.  Spring is in the air.  I love it.  I need it.  I loved these photos from "Madeline Bea" - tulips.  My favorite.  The Robert Frost ain't so bad either...

7.  Three cheers for historical fiction!  Curling Up by the Fire has 5 reasons historical fiction should get more respect.  Amen!

I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend! 


Comments