Oh Friday. You took so long getting here!
Want to share some blog posts? Play the Friday Five with me!
1. There's a great discussion going on at "The Reading Ape" about male sexual violence in the contemporary novel. I had not really thought about this trend before, but the more I think of it, there certainly more of these instances than I would have thought. What do you think? Any examples? Go put your two cents in!
2. I've mentioned before that I do not read as much or as fast as many other book bloggers out there. I tend to linger over some sentences, and even re-read a paragraph - depending on the book, of course. There's another discussion going on at "A Literary Odyssey" all about your reading speed. Weigh in - are you fast and furious or slow and steady?
3. Thank you to Lisa at "Bibliophiliac" for a well spoken post about being a teacher. I am also astounded that there are so many people out there who believe that teachers work a 30 hour work week. The work is hard, the hours are long - but the rewards make it worthwhile. Being a positive influence in the lives of your students is immeasurable.
4. This is pure fun. "Single Dad Laughing" asked a question on facebook about something you've said to your kid that you thought you never would. The results? Hilarious!
5. Yet another discussion! "Dog-Eared and Bookmarked" wants to know - abridged or unabridged?
Have a great weekend!!