The Friday Five {February 25-27}

Good morning everyone!  

 A slight confession: 

Last week's Friday Five never happened - partially due to kicking off my February vacation by working late to hold "make-up performance finals" for all my honors students who got snowed out of their final exam and had to take an "incomplete".  Fun times.  

This week I was on vacation!  Woo-hoo!  Great reading time, relaxation, and a visit up in N. Conway, NH with my Mom, Gram, and sister-in-law - shopping and hanging out!  Due to the lack of internet up there this Friday Five is a mix of posts from last week and this week.  I'll be more organized next week.  Promise!

Click the icon to find out how to participate in the Friday Five - and start spreading some blog love!

1.  This was a timely post from "The Sassy Curmudgeon".  I was lucky enough to get a facial a couple of weeks ago - which is fantastic - but led to a couple of breakouts last week.  I've been told that the facial will sometimes bring that stuff to the surface - which is fine by me.  Better than it festering and clogging my pores.  Anyway.  Like Una, I was under the impression that I'm an adult and don't need to deal with this crap anymore.  No such luck.  Una has pimps and woes.

2.  There's a lot going on in the US when it comes to teachers.  My ears are certainly perked up because my teacher's union is trying to get a contract together in our district.  "Girls Gone Reading" gave a great post - I'm a teacher, or why I'm not dumb, lazy and greedy!  Well said.  Informative.  Wonderful all around.  

3.   I like oatmeal.  I'm not going to lie.  Mom made me either oatmeal or cream of wheat for breakfast for years.  Then - one day she snapped.  She was done.  I came down the stairs and there were 6 or 7 boxes of cereal on the kitchen table.  Honey Nut Cheerios.  Captain Crunch.  Cinnamon Toast Crunch.  It was Christmas in July.  FUN CEREAL!!!  Although I still have a special place in my heart for oatmeal.  Many thanks to "The Kitchen Witch" for sharing this recipe for fun oatmeal - purple people eater!

4.   I loved this not-your-average-valentine's-day post at "The Blue Bookcase".  Connie has us asking Are feminism and romance mutually exclusive in literature?  Excellent question!  Lots of information about relationship addiction - and I have to say, some of the points made were like reading descriptions of people I knew in high school and college.  Very accurate.  Fantastic post!

5.  Another post from "The Blue Bookcase" - but by Ingrid this time!  Confession: I love lists.  I'm so relieved to find out that I'm not alone.  Click over and join in the conversation about book lists!

Happy Friday!


Comments