A plethora of photos



Well, the holidays are over, and now it's time to kick back and enjoy my week of freedom vacation. Dennis is on vacation too, and although we have a few things we'd like to get done around the house, the majority of our time will (hopefully) be spent relaxing!


Here's a little glimpse at the holidays in my little corner of New Hampshire.


The 23rd we got home and just wanted to chill. Both of us were coming off of a crazy couple of weeks at work, and a night of red wine and TV was exactly what the doctor ordered.


Christmas Eve morning we made meatballs. Well, Dennis made meatballs. A. Lot. Of. Meatballs.
We also made a delicious mushroom lasagna. I should really post the recipe on my other abandoned er, neglected - well, blog that I have not posted on very much lately.


Christmas Eve was lovely.
Grammy's tree was looking very festive!


Dad and my sister-in-law, Katie watching the gift opening extravaganza!


Mom opening her present from Gram.


The next morning we go to my parents' house for cinnamon buns, mimosas and "Christmas Morning" presents. Since neither Dennis and I, or Jared and Katie have kids yet, our parents continue to spoil us on Christmas. :) Fine by me! (For the record - I'll be excited to have kids and can't wait to spoil and have them spoiled on Christmas!)


Grammy received an ornament!


Jared opening his stocking - he looks like he's up to something, doesn't he?


True confession - my Dad is the cleanest person on the planet. Jared and I find some sick enjoyment in "tossing him the wrapping paper" which translates into us making a kind-of mess. Above, you can see him already breaking down boxes and throwing away tissue under the excuse "the dog will eat the paper"... which just isn't true! :)



Enjoying our coffee.


On the 26th we go to visit Dennis' parents to exchange gifts and have a nice family supper. Unfortunately, his sister's fiancee got called into work, and his sister and father were both under the weather. We still had fun. Although, I forgot my camera. :(


So how's the reading going you ask?


I received this in the mail...
(If you look closely you can see the blizzard still raging in the background...)


I'm sooooo excited to start! It's a mixture of knowing it will be a fantastic book, and being very excited for Priya!


I'm about halfway through Mrs. Dalloway. I was so sick while trying to read it a week and a half ago, I was having a hard time following the story. I put it down in exchange for Haunted by Chuck Palahniuk. I'm hoping to get at least both books finished before 2011 begins - and hopefully making a dent in Exit the Actress as well.


Sorry for the long post! There was too much to say.

I'll leave you with this. My morning. I made muffins and coffee. It's still snowing, and the house is cozy.


"The first fall of snow is not only an event, it is a magical event. You go to bed in one kind of a world and wake up in another quite different, and if this is not enchantment then where is it to be found?" -J. B. Priestley

Comments