Hop to it!

Book Blogger Hop

Well good morning everyone!  Happy Friday - I hope you're as thankful for it as I am.  If you're visiting for the first time, welcome!  If you're a regular - welcome back!  :)

Our question of the week...

What are your feelings on losing followers?  Have you ever stopped following a blog?
The first time I lost a follower at Kate's Library, I was pretty disappointed.  It wasn't long after I began getting followers who were not family members, and seeing that number go down was a little sad.  


Although now, I feel a little differently about it.


A few months ago I had to do a serious cleanout of my google reader.  I was following too many blogs and I couldn't keep up with it all!  I'd get home and have 200+ entries waiting for me to read.  I love reading the posts of the blogs I follow, and I found that I was just skimming - not reading.  


I made a decision.  Look through the blogs I follow and stop subscribing to the ones that I'm not reading through.  I thought about the kinds of books I like to read, and if there was a blog that was totally devoted to a genre I'm not really interested in, I left.  It wasn't personal - I was just spread too thin.  I'll admit that there were some blogs out there I continued to follow even though I'm not into the genres they post about - but in those cases the blog authors were people I felt a bloggy connection with through our comments to each other. 


Since then, I've been more selective about the blogs I follow.  I visit many ...but I try to only follow those blogs I think I will honestly read thoroughly.  That being said, I don't get too worked up if I lose a follower here or there.  I understand.  I've done it, and it was never because of anything personal - so I don't take it that way.


I can't wait to see your thoughts!

Comments