The Friday Five!


Welcome to the Friday Five - where I spread the blog love! Please enjoy my five favorite blog posts from this week. Want to join in? Click to the left for all the details!

1. Greg from "The New Dork Review of Books" poses a question. Should Art be Separated from Artist? Add your two cents and join in the discussion!

2. A well done review at Caroline Bookbinder this week. She reviews one of my faves Self-Made Man by Norah Vincent. Isn't it great reading some else's thoughts on a book you loved? Especially when you agree???

3. I love it when I read a review and immediately add the book to my TBR list. Over at "A Bookish Space" is a review of The Crimson Petal and the White - Michel Faber. This is probably a book I wouldn't have picked up had it not been for reading this post. ...and that's what it's all about!

4. Over at "Escapism through Books" there was a review that really ruffled my feathers. Put a bee in my bonnet. Got me all fired up. Not at "Escapism through Books" - but at the book she reviewed. Harry Potter & The Bible. Arrrrg. Go weigh in your thoughts!

5. True story. When I was a kid my Mom made shepherd's pie. I was not a huge fan, but I ate it because it was dinner and Mom made it, and I had to, etc. etc. etc. I finished it off with a glass of cranberry juice for dessert. That night I came down with the flu. You do the math. I have not been able to eat it since. Well, "The Betty and Boo Chronicles" shared a Shepherd's Pie recipe I may actually eat.

...and that's all she wrote. Have a great weekend!

Comments