Welcome to The Friday Five! The Friday Five is a weekly feature here at Kate's Library. In addition to reading great books, I also read great blogs and articles! Below you will find my top five from this week. They are not all book related - but they all tickled my fancy!
What's that? Oh - yes. I realize it's Saturday. I have a fabulous excuse. :)
Both myself, and my sister-in-law have July birthdays, and my wonderful (little) brother got tickets for his wife (another Katie) and I to go into Boston and see Lady Gaga. OK - I'm sure some of you are rolling your eyes! I consider myself a cerebral person, and am a classical musician, and I just can't help myself... I think she's fantastic. It was a terrific show, and Katie and I had a fun time going out!
So, because of Lady Gaga, you're getting a special treat... The Saturday Six!
I hope you forgive her!
1. I've always loved the story of Pooh. It was a favorite for me growing up. I especially loved Piglet, even having a stuffed Piglet that I brought to college. Dennis had this strange hatred for Piglet - mainly to mess with me - and he used to go into my dorm room when I was in class and pose Piglet in funny ways. Once I even found him stuffed in a water bottle and sitting in the refrigerator. I was delighted to read a review of The Enchanted Places by Christopher Milne on "Things Mean A Lot". The stories of Pooh, the enchanted forest, and Christoper Robin were based upon Christopher Milne's childhood - the original story was written by his father.
2. There was a very interesting and informative post at "Caroline Bookbinder" this week called To Market, To Market. It is all about marketing in the world of books!
3. How do you feel about ratings, when it comes to books? "The Book Coop" had some great questions and answers about this in the post Review Ratings. Very thought provoking!
4. Corinne at "Trains, Tutus, and Tea Time" wrote a fantastic post this week titled Awakening. She beautifully ties the novel "The Awakening" into life, and the people in our lives. It is, as always, so well done!
5. This week "At Pemberley" reviewed one of my favorite books - The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. If you have not read this... WHY NOT? :) It's a five wine glass book for sure!
6. "The Bitchy Waiter" had me laughing this week with a post written in response to a comment to "grow up, have a family, and write about something that matters." So we get Boring Blog - a mock entry by a "stay-at-home Mom." This is exactly why I love "Trains, Tutus, and Tea Time", by the way. It's not like this!
Hope you enjoy this extra special edition of the Friday Five! For those of you living in the US - Happy 4th of July! For everyone else - Happy Weekend! :)