The Friday Five is a weekly post in which I share with you the top five blog posts and/or articles I've read this week. Some are bookish, some are not - but all tickled my fancy!
You're going to notice an "educational" theme going on here this week. I think it's the time of year...
1. Rebecca at "The Book Lady's Blog" wrote an article called So, you wanna be a book blogger with her top five tips for new and would-be book bloggers. I thought it was interesting, and no matter how long you've been doing anything tips and ideas are always great. Be a lifelong learner!
2. Lisa at "Bibliophiliac" had a fantastic post - My Million Dollar Bonus - and I had to share it! For me (especially in the spring) there come many times when I think to myself "...and this is why I do it." She captured that feeling well.
3. More education inspired posts! Priya at "The Plum Bean Project" told us about her graduating senior student, and about Hawaiian graduations. I love reading about teachers who care deeply for their students - it is so obvious how glowingly proud she is!
4. This week at "The Sassy Curmudgeon" Una made me laugh again with her post Medical Mysteries Volume 5: Let's Talk About Sex. It brought back memories of a former (kindergarten) student who I accidentally called by his last name for 6 months.
Me: "Hey Marie - a pretty uneventful class... we sang the number song and _______ went to the nurse."
Marie: "Who the hell is ______?"
Marie: "Kate - that's his last name. His birth certificate is backwards... didn't I tell you?"
No. And neither did he.
5. I'm on a roll with "Bibliophiliac" this week! I loved Reading and Writing - txt it because I've also (without hesitation) given out my cell number to my students. It's been while on field trips - and just last week when we were on our Six Flags trip I gave it out a lot. "OK kids - you four are going on the "Batman" ride, and you four are doing that raft ride again. Raft kids... when you get off the ride, call me and I'll tell you if the "Batman" kids are back yet, and you can probably go on again. I'll be on this bench in the shade."
Have a great weekend, everyone!!!